Tuesday, June 16, 2009

William Thaddeus Condon: Summary

b. 4 Feb 1894 Joplin, Jasper, Missouri (or Illinois) -WWI Draft Registration, 1900 Census
m.
d.

Parents:
Charles E. Condon
Margaret E. Short

Children:
No Known

Grandma's Memory: Does not believe he ever married. At least not while his mother was still alive. He had a serious injury when he was young (possibly fell off a horse) that affected his brain. It significantly affected his life.

The story of the injury is supported by his WWI Draft card where he repeatedly writes that he has had a general breakdown in health. It might also explain why he is still found living with his parents at the age of 36 and still single.



Sources: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 Census (all with his parents), WWI Draft Registration,

Notes and Further Research:
William's birthplace- it is given as Joplin, Missouri on his draft registration which I found shortly after I had concluded that he must have been born in Illinois. Missouri has a birth record index online and William Condon did not come up with any hits. I do know that the family moved some time between the time Charles and Margaret were married in Jasper, Missouri in 1892 and 1900 when they are in Fayette, Illinois. William was born in that time period but I'm still not convinced where. One census gives his birthplace as Illinois another as Missouri. I guess for now I will go with Missouri as his birthplace until I can prove otherwise.


8-14-09
I searched the SSDI on www.famlysearch.org for a William Condon born in 1894 and came up with four hits. None of them had a SS# originating from Missouri and only one of them has a February birthdate. I have yet to prove if it is the right William. I don't know why he would be in Minnesota but it's a possible lead so I am including it here so I don't loose it.

Wm CONDON
Birth Date: 2 Feb 1894
Death Date: Nov 1979
Social Security Number: 472-36-1440
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Minnesota
Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 56282
Localities: Raymond, Kandiyohi, Minnesota

No comments:

Post a Comment