Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Nice Surprise: 1891 Canadian Census

I was checking me email this afternoon and had an email from an unfamiliar name in reference to the 1891 census I posted for further research yesterday. This kind person had done a search on Ancestry for me and sent me the information for Edward T Richards (b 1876). I am impressed by her kindness. Thank YOU!

1891 Census of Canada

Name: Edward T Richards
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Single
Age: 15
Birth Year: abt 1876
Birthplace: Ontario
Relation to Head-of-house: Son
Religion: Church of England
French Canadian: No
Father's Birth Place: Ireland
Mother's Birth Place: Ireland
Province: Ontario
District Number: 72
District: Hamilton City
Subdistrict: Ward 3
Neighbors: View others on page

Household Members:
Name & Age
Edward F Richards 44
Sarah Richards 40
Minnie E Richards 21
Edward T Richards 15
Charles C Richards 12
Richard Baird 17

Source Citation: Year: 1891;Census Place: Ward 3, Hamilton City, Ontario. Roll: T-6341, Family No: 245.

This information tells me the oldest two boys, Frank and John, are no longer living with their parents; possibly married. It makes me wonder if they immigrated to the US with the rest of the family. I do not know who Richard Baird is but "Baird" is Sarah Richards maiden name.

No comments:

Post a Comment