Sunday, June 7, 2009

Richards Family on new.familysearch.org

I was entering the information I found on the census records onto new.familysearch.org when I came across something interesting.

Mary Elizabeth Richards was the only child given for Edward and Sarah Richards. I did an inital search for her siblings and came up with two entries that had been extracted by the church: a John Richards born 16 Sept 1872 in Wexford, Ireland and a Francis John Edwards born 4 Sept 1870 in Wexford, Ireland both with their parents listed as Edward Richards and Sarah Baird (Beird).

I was looking for the John Richards and merged him into the family but the Francis John was unexpected. I wonder if he could be one of the deceased children I am missing. He would have been the 2nd child, he's in a location that fits the family (I have Wexford as the bithplace of Edward Sr), and the parent names match up even if there is a slight spelling variation on Baird.

This is all further complicated by the fact that when I added Frank to familysearch I used a calculated birth year from his age in the 1881 Census that now matches the birth year for the John Richards I merged into the family. Don't be fooled! They are different people!

Plus: Ideally I would like to get more information about the children of Edward and Sarah before we run off and do the temple work but I understand I don't have total control over this.


Further Research Needed: Find more information on Francis John Richards. Did he die before the 1881 Census?

No comments:

Post a Comment