Monday, June 15, 2009

FHL: Summer of Sleuthing

Last week I came across mention of the Family History Library's summer program for youth and families. I looked and looked for more information on Familysearch but was unable to find anything. Then while at the Expo one of the speakers mentioned the program and gave reference to it being on Familysearch Wiki. I looked it up today and I'm excited to share it.

Family History Library SUMMER of SLEUTHING - SOS!

  • Are you looking for a fun activity to keep your children occupied this summer?
  • Would you like to learn more about your family?
  • Do you need a kick start to organize your family records?

The program includes a series of family history related challenges and activites that will help you learn more about yourself and your ancestors.

It is divided into age levels: preschool children, children, teenagers, and adults. There is also a series focused for LDS families that includes activites to complete activity day, young women, and young men requirements.

There is also a link to a website for children: Family Tree Kids which has many games and activites for kids focused on family history.

I am very excited to do this with my little boys. I'm all for starting 'em young.

No comments:

Post a Comment