Friday, April 3, 2009

Carthage, Jasper, Missouri

The state of Missouri has an extensive Digital Heritage website of images and information that could be helpful in family history research. I've mentioned their Death Certificates and Marriage records. Today I pulled an example of a map they have online from 1900? of Carthage, Missouri. A city that sticks out because of my Corwin ancestors.
I enjoy maps because they help you put your ancestors into a community. Maps can help you get an idea about how big the town was and possibly find where your ancestors lived using information from census or death records.

I was also able to find a "Picture Book" from 1906 of Carthage Missouri. It includes images of prominate city buildings and homes.
Cover Page

Jasper County Court House

The Jasper County Court House is also where Charles E. Condon and Margaret E. Short got their marriage licence in 1892.

No comments:

Post a Comment