Friday, July 25, 2008

Exciting Finds!! Dillman and Condon

Today I had the opprotunity to go to THE Family History Library in Salt Lake City with my mother. I went very hopeful that we would find something and did not leave disappointed! There's nothing worse than a long day of research and leaving with nothing, but today was not that kind of day. We were very very blessed.

Earlier this month I posted about my great great aunt Helen Condon Dillman and her husband, Shelby Dillman, that up until this month I was unable to find any information about. Well, today I was able to put a few more piece of the puzzle together. I located the cemetery record for both Shelby and Helen in Pleasant Point Cemetery, Meramec Twp, Crawford County, Missouri. His tombstone gives his birthdate as 27 Jan 1900. This happily matches the birthdate given on the WWI draft registration I cited in my previous post, confirming that they are the same person! Suddenly I have Shelby's birthday and his father's name, William F, confirmed. The tombstone also gave his death date as 15 Dec 1964. I was also able to find the marriage record for Shelby and Helen in St. Louis, Missouri on 10 Sept 1931 at the Union Avenue Christian Church. All of this information is enough to get the temple work done for Shelby and get him sealed to his wife. All very exciting!

Well, I have more exciting news to share about my Winders and Alderson families but it's been a long day and the information is on my mother's computer right now. I'll be sure to share it soon.

Citation and Notes:

Cemeteries of Crawford County Missouri
977.862 v3w
Meramec Twp, Pleasant Point Cemetery “this cemetery is located on Highway U”
Dillman:
Shelby Jan 27 1900 – Dec 15 1964

Helen C. 1907-1940

Marriage Records of St. Louis 1806-1965
FHL Film #528168 Index to Females 1926-33

Helen Condon married to Shelby Dillman 10 Sept 1931
Certificate number 334004 Vol 119 pg 599


Licence no 326573-334252
FHL Film #531456

Shelby Dillman of Monicaqua, Illinois married Helen Condon of St. Louis, Missouri 10 Sept 1931 by George A Cambell at the Union Avenue Christian Church, St. Louis, MO

No comments:

Post a Comment